Sunday, April 15, 2012

Book 69: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame Green

Wow, what a fun book to read. Of course, it skewed my perspective of history almost completely, but to hell with it; it was a blast to read.

Grateful as I was that my father had immersed me in civil war history, I also found that I fully enjoyed the more fanciful version. Seeing Abraham Lincoln for the first time as an aggressive, axe-wielding vampire hunter was completely delightful. at times, in fact, it was difficult to separate the stuff I considered facts from the "fiction". I'll never look at Honest Abe's long coat or beard again without thinking about this book.

I loved how the author worked so hard to weave truth and fiction together, using Abe's own quotes and writings and carefully building the story to make it seem authentic.

Loved it. Such a fun book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment