Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Book 90: A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller

I’ve read Blue Like Jazz, but didn’t know until halfway through this book that the same author wrote this book. While I don’t always agree with the religious views of the author, I desperately love his writing style. In fact, if there was a Christian version of Augustine Burroughs, Donald Miller would be it.

Donald Miller wants us to know that you are what you do. You can choose to make your life the story you want it to be. Surround yourself with love and you become a loving person, and your story becomes one full of love. The concept is simple.

Although I wouldn’t say this book was at the top of the list of memorable ones, I enjoyed it. Donald Miller is so human and honest that reading his books is like a breath of fresh air.

This was the perfect book to read while formulating your list of new year’s resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment