Thursday, January 23, 2014

Book 110: GOD, NO! by Penn Jillette

Fact #1: Penn Jillette is an atheist.
Fact #2: Penn Jillette is insane.
Fact #3: Penn Jillette is funny as all hell.

This is the first book I've ever read by Penn. Prior to that, I've seen some of his Bullshit! YouTube videos and a few interviews, and I also watched him religiously (ha ha) on The Celebrity Apprentice. I thought his performance on that show was less than effective. Gotta love him though. His suggestions were so out-of-the-box that there were times people just looked at him like he was crazy. : ) (He is.)

Although sometimes disgusting at times (I said, "TMI, dude!!!" about a million times), the book kept my rapt attention. This book is equal parts funny, wise, and inappropriate. Not every story was god-based, but had to do with the reality of life.

The chapters on Penn's kids were priceless, and as a parent, I've had a lot of the same sentiments about God, Santa, Rudolph and... ugh... Dora the Explorer. Honestly, I was cracking up right and left through those chapters.

This book is NOT appropriate for my mother!






No comments:

Post a Comment