The Goal

To continue to read one book each week
To find authors who inspire me
To teach myself discipline
To share my experiences with others


Thursday, January 23, 2014

Book 110: GOD, NO! by Penn Jillette

Fact #1: Penn Jillette is an atheist.
Fact #2: Penn Jillette is insane.
Fact #3: Penn Jillette is funny as all hell.

This is the first book I've ever read by Penn. Prior to that, I've seen some of his Bullshit! YouTube videos and a few interviews, and I also watched him religiously (ha ha) on The Celebrity Apprentice. I thought his performance on that show was less than effective. Gotta love him though. His suggestions were so out-of-the-box that there were times people just looked at him like he was crazy. : ) (He is.)

Although sometimes disgusting at times (I said, "TMI, dude!!!" about a million times), the book kept my rapt attention. This book is equal parts funny, wise, and inappropriate. Not every story was god-based, but had to do with the reality of life.

The chapters on Penn's kids were priceless, and as a parent, I've had a lot of the same sentiments about God, Santa, Rudolph and... ugh... Dora the Explorer. Honestly, I was cracking up right and left through those chapters.

This book is NOT appropriate for my mother!






No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget