Sunday, August 6, 2017

Book 145: The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

I read this with the Smyrna Public Library Book Club, which you may remember me mentioning several times (I have a lot of hometown pride).

Okay, onto the review.

I did not love this book. I felt it was just okay. I understand the author's intent - to tell stories from a number of perspectives and tie things up neatly toward the end - but I just didn't think the connections between the different perspectives were strong enough. In fact, some of them were so vague that I missed them completely until one of my brilliant book club members happened to point them out. Even as we discussed these connections, none of us could be absolutely sure of what each meant. With that being said, if the author intended to confuse all of us to death, she did her job well.

Although it wasn't my favorite, I'm glad I read this book because there was so much buzz about it. I also liked that the bad guy got what was coming to him in the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment