Friday, January 29, 2010

Week 1: Sick Puppy by Carl Hiaasen


I finished this book two nights ago.


Although I loved the beginning and the end, the middle was sort of... lackluster. The characters were awesome, the dickhead lobbyist, the insane environmentalist, the corrupt governor, the lunatic ex-governor, the disgruntled wife... I enjoyed the character development very much. But there were parts where I was waiting for something to happen.

I'm not sure why, but I find environmental terrorism sort of... ridiculous. Listen, if you're going to destroy something to prove the point that something should not be destroyed, then you're missing your own point. How can people expect to take you seriously?

In any case, the bizzarre twists of the book were appreciated, although the momentum between them made me lose interest. At the end, I was a little bit disappointed. You might say I was waiting for a much more memorable crescendo.

No comments:

Post a Comment