Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Word on Inappropriate Bookmarks

Over the course of this project, I've found myself starved for appropriate bookmarks, especially when it comes to dropping my reading material and running to clean up a mess my kids have made.

Since the beginning, I have kept a mental list of the oddball items I've used for bookmarks (other than a bookmark, of course.)
  • Paper clip
  • Receipt
  • Hair clip
  • Bobby pin
  • Pretzel stick
  • Keys
  • Envelope
  • Post-it
  • Pen and/or pencil
  • Business card
  • Rubber band
  • Nail file
  • Pipe cleaner
  • Snack wrapper
  • Camera strap
Of course this doesn't count, but I found a squished bug in between the pages of one of the library books. I shook it out and kept on reading. Yay, me!

I'm sure there will be weirder things than a pretzel stick in the coming months, though I can't imagine what that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment