The Goal

To continue to read one book each week
To find authors who inspire me
To teach myself discipline
To share my experiences with others


Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Book 82: The Empty Glass by J.I. Baker

Another Smyrna Library Discussion Group book - recommended by Tiffany S.! This book was written in a way that grabbed and kept my interest from the beginning to the end. Someone told me this was J.I. Baker's first novel; I say he rocked it.

Marilyn Monroe's death has always been surrounded by intrigue. Told from the perspective of the deputy medical examiner, the story takes on a different shape. In contrast to the typical picture of Marilyn as a glamorous, drug-addicted movie star, Baker paints a story of a sad, lonely woman who knew too much and came to an untimely end by the hands of American political icons. 

Although I found myself wishing for more content at the end of this book (The Empty Glass felt rather empty) I really enjoyed the style and the confidence with which the book was written. 

Pick it up if you want to read something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget