Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Book 93: 11/22/63 by Stephen King (Audiobook)

I finished this today and I desperately miss it already.

Jake Epping is a teacher in Lisbon Falls, Maine. By way of his friendship with an elderly restaurant owner, he  winds up inheriting something he never expected: a path to the past.

There were times during this book that I felt it was just toooooooooo loooooooong. Stephen King is my first true love as far as authors go, (I used to sneak his books home from the library and read them, my skin crawling in horror.) but his propensity for verbosity can get on my nerves. The audiobook was 30 CDs. I opened it and looked at it and sighed. "Steve," I thought, "Are you trying to beat your own record?" I found, as I listened, that King put a lot of research into this book. I think that gives him the right to write as much as he wants.

I can't spill the beans on this one, and I'd be telling a lot if I say too much more about the plot. King's characters are vibrant and believable. I could nearly walk into the town of Jody. Overall, I really enjoyed it, though I often thought that the story would have been much more meaningful if I had been a little older.

No comments:

Post a Comment