The Goal

To continue to read one book each week
To find authors who inspire me
To teach myself discipline
To share my experiences with others


Sunday, April 14, 2013

Book 94: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini (Audiobook)

I apologize for the brevity of this review.

This beautiful story brought me to tears. A Thousand Splendid Suns is the tale of two women who live in Afghanistan and learn to depend on one another despite their sister-wife relationship.

I can't tell you well enough the beauty of spirit that I found within this book. I absolutely loved it and would highly recommend the audiobook, read by Atossa Leoni, whose pronunciation and abilities with the languages in this book impressed me from the outset.

A Thousand Splendid Suns helped me to better understand the plight of the Afghani women and their daughters. I came away from this book feeling very lucky that I live in America.

1 comment:

There was an error in this gadget