The Goal

To continue to read one book each week
To find authors who inspire me
To teach myself discipline
To share my experiences with others


Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway (Audiobook) - UBC

UBC = Unfinished by Choice

As I was listening to this audiobook, I wished for the simplicity of The Old Man and the Sea. 

For some reason, this book made me anxious. I was waiting for something (anything) interesting to happen. Instead, I was meeting boring characters, one after the other. I kept asking if there was a point, and would we be getting to it soon?

I removed the third CD from my player after I found myself saying aloud, "Oh, shut the hell up, Frances."

My nickname for this book will be Privileged Annoying People in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget