The Goal

To continue to read one book each week
To find authors who inspire me
To teach myself discipline
To share my experiences with others


Wednesday, August 5, 2015

To post or not to post... that is the dilemma.

I'm debating whether I should post books that I've hated and haven't finished. There are quite a few books on the "unfinished" list, including (more recently): the Catcher in the Rye, The Black Dahlia Files, The World According to Garp, and so on. I suspect that more Ernest Hemingway books are about to be added to that list.

Maybe I sound like I give up easily, but in reality, I know I can only read so many books in my lifetime. I choose my books like I choose my friends, and I'm very picky. If a book doesn't grab my attention within the first hundred pages, it gets the heave-ho. I don't waste my time on books and authors that don't appeal to me.

That seems so negative. I sound like a snot.

I will post them, but I won't count them against my total books read. And I'll also give the reason why I didn't continue to read them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget