Thursday, August 6, 2015

To post or not to post... that is the dilemma.

I'm debating whether I should post books that I've hated and haven't finished. There are quite a few books on the "unfinished" list, including (more recently): the Catcher in the Rye, The Black Dahlia Files, The World According to Garp, and so on. I suspect that more Ernest Hemingway books are about to be added to that list.

Maybe I sound like I give up easily, but in reality, I know I can only read so many books in my lifetime. I choose my books like I choose my friends, and I'm very picky. If a book doesn't grab my attention within the first hundred pages, it gets the heave-ho. I don't waste my time on books and authors that don't appeal to me.

That seems so negative. I sound like a snot.

I will post them, but I won't count them against my total books read. And I'll also give the reason why I didn't continue to read them.




No comments:

Post a Comment