The Goal

To continue to read one book each week
To find authors who inspire me
To teach myself discipline
To share my experiences with others


Saturday, March 5, 2016

Book 132: Still Alice by Lisa Genova - UBC

UBC = Unfinished by choice

My coworker walked into the lunchroom and said, "You're reading that book?" I said, "Yes, it's for book club. It's really depressing." She said, "Yeah, that's a sob fest." I asked, "It doesn't get any better?" "Nope."

At that point, I made the decision not to read any further.

It turns out although I'm a sucker for the grisliest horror stories around, a story about a woman who has earl-onset Alzheimer's disease is my worst nightmare. At 54, Alice is diagnosed - without a doubt - with the disease that steals memories and lives.

So, after about 64 pages, I gave it up.

Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget