Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Book 131: Factotum by Charles Bukowski

I bought this book because the cover caught my eye. Turns out the cover was the most interesting aspect of the book. I still don't know what the point of this book is or why Bukowski even wrote it. I kept thinking that maybe the point of the book was that there was no point.

A factotum is a person who does many different jobs. Charles Bukowski's Factotum is about a young man who drifts from one job to the next with no direction. His main goal is to keep a job just long enough to pay the rent and buy alcohol for him and his unpredictable girlfriend.

Still, even if the topic wasn't all that interesting, the book flowed and continued to hold my interest throughout.

So it wasn't the worst book I ever read, but there was no reason to get excited about it. But like I said, maybe that was the point. Who the heck knows... make the call yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment