Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Book 140: The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod

Although Hal's story was utterly awe-inspiring (catastrophic injuries, fortunes won and lost, and finally, victory), this book was not. 

I like self-help books if they get to the point, but Elrod paddled around the idea of the Miracle Morning for about six chapters before he got to explaining the details of the practice. I didn't feel an entire book needed to be dedicated to these very simple ideas. 

If you do want to read the book and don't want the secret to be ruined, I'll simply tell you that the Miracle Morning involves getting up really early and accomplishing six things that the author says changed his life. It's about building a habit that will help you remain focused throughout your day. 

I think the idea is a good one, but I'm not a morning person and never have been. While I appreciate having enough time to get ready and get the kids out the door, getting up before 6:30 a.m. is sheer horror. I have the world's loudest alarm clock in my room and it does nothing to get me moving. If I could get enough sleep to get up early enough to do this, now that would be a miracle. 

If you decide to read this book, my advice would be to skip ahead.  



No comments:

Post a Comment