Sunday, July 23, 2017

Book 141: The Elephant in the Room by Jon Ronson

If everything Jon Ronson (which I keep typing as "Ron Johnson") wrote in this book is true, it explains an awful lot.

I'm not a liberal, and I'm not a conservative. I'm right down the middle on a lot of things. I am a patriot and I love my country, but I am not a nationalist; I don't believe in America first. I believe we are part of a big world and we all need to work together for the best interest of the human race. Yes, I know this is not a political blog, but I want you to know where I stand.

In his formative years, Ronson worked on a journalism project with Alex Jones, who hosts the atrociously bad cable news show InfoWars. He knew Jones personally for a short period of time and like many of us, does not understand Jones's public appeal. Jones is crass, explosive, and makes wild claims such as that human babies are being grown in bottles of Pepsi, inside cows, and on the moon. How he ever got his own show is beyond my comprehension.

Here's the disturbing part: Ronson says that Jones and InfoWars also happens to be our newly elected president's choice media source.

The Kindle version is $2 on Amazon, it's worth reading, just to get a different perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment