Sunday, September 24, 2017

Book 159: The House of Tomorrow by Peter Bognanni

I loved this book, the characters within it, and the way it was written. The characters were so believable and dynamic. Every one of us knows someone like the characters in this book, so it made it easy to relate to each one of them.

Sebastian Prendergast has been raised by his eccentric grandmother Josephine, who lives her life in accordance with the teachings of visionary Buckmaster Fuller. Ever since he was orphaned, his grandmother had been raising him for one purpose: to save the world. When a traumatic event brings them together, the characters in this book find their lives forever changed. The author, Peter Bognanni, made his reader truly care about the success or failure of the two boys in this book, and more than anything, I'll remember Bognanni's talent in describing his characters' environments just enough that my brain filled in the details and made each place alive for me.

I didn't start out loving this book. I borrowed it from the digital library library with mixed feelings. But about two chapters in, I was hooked on it and couldn't stop reading. When the digital loan ended when I was 80% done, I freaked and I bought the book on Amazon to finish it. And it was good all the way to the end.

After I finished the book, I found out that it had been made into a movie. The actors playing the main parts looked exactly how I imagined them.

I give this book an A rating. It was beautiful, memorable, and extremely well executed.

No comments:

Post a Comment