Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Spotlight: Rarity from The Hollow by Robert Eggleton

Rarity from the Hollow is no ordinary book. And author Robert Eggleton is no ordinary author. Eggleton is a former child psychotherapist who decided to set his pen to paper, write about what he knew best, and further, he decided to dedicate the book's proceeds to child abuse prevention

Although I did not finish the book (sci-fi and fantasy are both enormous stretches for me, and mixed together, I'm lost), I promised Mr. Eggleton I would publish a spotlight to tell others about it. I believe in his cause and I appreciate him sending me a copy to review. I encourage my followers who are into science fiction and fantasy to give it a shot and let me know what you think. Here's a link to buy it on Amazon.

Summary
Lacy Dawn's father relives the Gulf War, her mother's teeth are rotting out, and her best friend is murdered by the meanest daddy on Earth. Life in the hollow is hard. She has one advantage -- an android was inserted into her life and is working with her to cure her parents. But, he wants something in exchange. It's up to her to save the Universe. Lacy Dawn doesn't mind saving the universe, but her family and friends come first.

Commentary from the Author
Piers Anthony, best selling fantasy author during the '80s and '90s, found that my novel was “…not for the prudish.” Kevin Patrick Mahoney, editor of the once noteworthy site, Authortrek, found that my story was, “…not for the faint hearted or easily offended….”   An early voice in the first chapter speaks about things that no child should know. It is that of a traumatized child – a voice most of us never listen to, or want to hear, but in real life is screaming. I'm a retired children's psychotherapist. The language and concepts in this story are mild in comparison to some of the stuff that kids have said during actual group therapy sessions that I have facilitated over the years. 

Thank you, Robert Eggleton, for writing this book on a topic that is so often ignored by other authors. I am pleased to post this spotlight on your behalf.

P.S. I love the cover.






No comments:

Post a Comment