Monday, September 4, 2017

Hitting a slump.

So, I've hit a slump. Not with reading, but with book selections.

Remember my rule about not reading a book that doesn't hook me three chapters in? Well I've used that rule about six times during the month of August alone, which means I've read the first two or three chapters of at least six books that have been duds.

I'm not lacking readily available options. I requested about 16 books from the Delaware library system and wouldn't you know? They came in all at once, and all except for one are at least 300 pages. I also bought a few used books from the Smyrna Public Library's book sale room (10 cents each!). So my trunk is full of books, and it's just a matter of finding something I can sink my teeth into and finish in just a few days.

I've got my fingers crossed that the next book I pick up will rock my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment