Sunday, September 3, 2017

Book 153: The Whistler by John Grisham - Audiobook read by Cassandra Campbell

The Whistler was a loan from my coworker Sherry who keeps me stocked with audiobooks she buys and shares with her mom and people in our office. (I can't keep up with her!) I listened to this awhile ago but wanted to make sure it appeared on my blog.

True to form, Grisham applied his legal expertise to this novel to bring it to life. I always learn something when I read his novels, and in this case it was about judicial review, jurisdictions, Indian reservation law, and forensics. Pretty interesting stuff, if you ask me.

For the most part, The Whistler kept my attention, although it got a little slow toward the middle. Just as he was losing me, Grisham whipped up a new twist that kept me going through the end. Still, I wasn't sold on every part of the book; there were elements that I as a mother did not find convincing.

Like many of the books I read and review on this blog, I don't want to tell you so much you don't need to read (or listen to) the book yourself. Instead, I'll just say that the characters were bold and interesting, the story line was good, and the author kept me guessing until the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment