Monday, October 9, 2017

Whew.

So you are aware, reading two books a week is not getting any easier. If anything, it's getting harder. Thank goodness for insomnia or book 161 would have been delayed another day, which would have shortened the time I would have had to read my next book. It's a bit like trying to keep up with a speeding train, only I'm both the engineer driving the train and the idiot running behind it.

As soon as I finish one book, I barely have enough time to relish its completion before beginning the next one. That makes me a little sad, but writing about each book helps me close it out, say goodbye, and move on. I look forward to finishing the book so that I can write about it.

I've quickly realized that having two or three books in progress is the only way I'm capable of accomplishing this goal. Right now I've got a partially finished hard copy book on my nightstand and another on my desk at work, a Kindle e-book on deck, an audio book on CD in my car, and an Audible book on my phone.

Before I started doing this, I thought people who jumped back and forth between books were crazy. Now I'm doing it and somehow it's working. I do feel like more of my neurons are firing, so maybe my brain is reorganizing its neural pathways to keep up with this level of absorption. It's teaching me new ways of paying attention.

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment