Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Book 169: My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman (Audiobook) narrated by Joan Walker

I think Fredrik Backman is my new favorite author. I fell in like with him when I read A Man Called Ove and now I'm completely, head-over-heels in love with this author.

My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry was an absolutely fascinating book. Like Ove, it uncovers each character slowly, without revealing each person completely until the end of the book. This style of writing is tantalizing to someone like me because I love suspense.

In this book, seven-year-old Elsa (who is almost eight) learns that not everything (or everyone) is at it seems. She has been surrounded by people her whole life, and until a difficult event brings them all together, she never realized she knew absolutely nothing about any of them. So she sets off on an adventure to unearth the secrets of her neighbors, friends, and family members, especially those of her quirky, independent grandmother.

This story was incredible. Backman is a master at creating characters that are both believable and unique. The characters just about jump out of the book. With Joan Walker's expert narration, the story was even more vivid. I haven't been this hooked on an audiobook in ages.

It was great. I loved it so, so much.

💌💌💌

No comments:

Post a Comment