Wednesday, May 9, 2018

My Superpower: The Phoenix by Jennifer Sutter (Guest Blogger)

From the time I was very young, I always had an ability to see through the people I interacted with; to see their true selves. This is not something I have ever shared with anyone in conversation; it has always just been the way I see. 

Now this is not to say that I have never been hurt by anyone, because I have many, many times. But I’m an optimist. I like to always see the best in people. Which has left me vulnerable, but that’s fine... it has made me grow in ways I didn’t imagine.


I think I can say with some certainty that when one is hurt emotionally by another it tends to make them guarded or jaded. For me it has at times made me bitter and internally explosive. Despite that, I still always put myself out there and trust again. Foolish? Maybe, but it has actually served me well. I will try my best to explain what it is I see, but bear with me because I don’t really have a definition for it.


We all have our outer shell that is human nature; we only expose that delicate underbelly to those we really trust. But for some reason I have never had trouble meeting someone new and within minutes they are telling me their life story.


Me being the eternal student of human nature, I am always willing to listen and absorb. At some point during a conversation I am asked my opinion on the subject, which is usually, “Why did [insert name] have to hurt me like that?” Often the answer they expect is why the person did it. I often respond with the reasons why the person asking allowed it.


I don’t have to know a lot about a person’s history to reveal their nature, but when I do hear about their past or upbringing, it makes the whole picture much clearer. I am usually correct, and that is not a boast. It’s curious to me how I know things about others that they haven’t shared out loud. How can I sense the inner person? Answer: I don’t know.


In the past few years I have tried to find a label for what I do. I don’t read auras or concentrate really hard or even focus on a person. So as I was looking for answers I was naturally drawn to the law of attraction mentality.


It seems to be me. I put out some kind of vibe that attracts certain kinds of people. Now although it may seem like common sense when you read the literature on it (and it is) most people can’t understand how easy it is.


How can a whole new spiritual outlook be easy? Don’t you have to study with gurus, and chant and light candles? No, you only have to believe, and that is the hardest part. Believing in oneself is hard, and to trust that the universe will respond to you is even harder to understand.


To truly believe in something you have to cast out all doubt, all fear, and trust in something unknown. Most religious people would agree that absolutely, this is the truth, but that salvation lies in following God's rules. When things go bad, they're also the first people to to say, “God, why have you forsaken me?” Or, “Why did you let this happen?” The truth is it wasn’t God that made it happen. When you get to the root cause of the issue, it is usually that the person created their own problems. (To be fair, I am not talking about tragic events of cancer in a family or a car accident. I’m talking about everyday life happenings.)


So how does this all relate to me and my “weird power?” The truth is it doesn’t. But by changing my views, conceptions and understanding the laws of attraction, or the theory of universal abundance, I have allowed myself to understand and be more perceptive about the world and people around me. So in the example above, when people put out negative energy in thoughts or actions that is what they get back from the universe.


And in finding my inner peace I attract those that also strive for inner peace. For those who are ready to “hear,” I teach them, not with books, but by example.


That is my superpower.


------------



This blog post was curated and/or edited by The Ardent Reader, Esther Hofknecht Curtis, BSOL, MSM-HCA. The views expressed in this blog post are those of the guest blogger. Visit www.parrotcontent.com for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment