Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Determined Reader

Well, I'm halfway through my 52-week blog project (which by the way, did not start January 1 but rather toward the end of the month) of The Ardent Reader.

What have I discovered?
  1. I really like political books. Even if they're ten years old.
  2. I can squeeze in reading at any point, as long as I bring my book with me. Even if I don't think I'll have time to read during the course of a day, the probability is that I will have to wait for something, or somebody, and that's valuable time I could be using.
  3. The 250-pages inside self-help books could easily boil down to a few key points. In most cases, those key points could fit into five pages. But a five-page book won't sell, and not everybody absorbs things the same way. In the interest of everybody's sanity, I'll be cutting these out of this project for the duration of the project.
So far, so good! I can't wait to read the next 26 books!

No comments:

Post a Comment