Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Week 26: 168 Hours: You have more time than you think!

This book took me nine days to read. A book on time management took nine days to read. Okay, now that I've gotten that out of the way, the book was pretty good.

The basis of this book is to communicate to you that you have 168 good hours in each week to do what you want. Do you know how you're really spending your time? How many hours a week do you actually spend working, cooking, playing with your kids, or spending time with your spouse? Do you spend more time on Facebook or on your blog? What else could you fit into your week? What do you most desire to spend your time doing?

I found some great solutions in this book for minimizing housework, maximizing your work time, fitting in exercise, and trying to maintain a steady routine that will help you find balance within your life. I tried the "30 Minute Blitz" and it worked great. You put the kitchen timer on for 30 minutes each day and clean like crazy. You get a lot more done, and it feels like a game. See how much you can fit into a half hour. I cleaned and sanitized my whole kitchen. (Not that you could tell at this point.)

I like the idea of looking at a week as 168 1-hour blocks, and scheduling my time according to what I must do, what I want to do, and what goals I want to accomplish. I think the system is doable, and I'm planning on doing my own time analysis in order to find out where I can cut and paste in order to accomplish everything that I want to do!

Get more information at http://www.my168hours.com/ and download the 168 hour log for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment