Thursday, August 8, 2013

Book 106: The Price of Inequality: How Today’s Divided Society Endangers Our Future by Joseph Stiglitz (Audiobook)


 

I really, truly, wanted to love this audiobook.

Although I didn't like the narrator much (he was very monotone, I got very tired easily), the book was a bit dry. Usually, I love books on economics and sociology, but this one was difficult to get through.

By no means was the author a bad writer. In fact, he did his job in getting my blood boiling on the topic of corporate greed and government bailouts. In that way, the book was very effective. Joseph Stiglitz is no idiot; and his solutions for restoring the power of the U.S. economic system made a lot of sense to me.

Despite whatever good facets the book had, I wasn't able to get into it. I felt myself wishing it would end a lot sooner than it did. I felt bad for the author, because I think the narrator could have made the audiobook feel more like a book and less like a dreary news report.


No comments:

Post a Comment